It’s very early and just minutes after the debate tonight but here are some thoughts of mine:
1. There is no doubt in my mind that there is no other network that does as well in putting on a debate than Fox News. They are the most professional and the most fair. Each candidate got tough questions. That would never happen from any other network, Fox News has made mincemeat out of every other network.
2. There is no doubt that this was the most spirited debate compared to the previous four. The exchanges between the candidates and Ron Paul over Iraq were priceless. This was the most passionate and emotional of the debates thus far.
3. I have a question for Rudy. Every time you answer a question you take off your glasses. I understand you have lowered vision. I don’t understand why you take off your glasses. I am legally blind. The message you send me as a visually impaired person is that you are embarrassed of your lowered vision. Why? You should be proud of the way God has created you to be at your age.
4. John McCain is being underestimated. He was very strong tonight and the strongest of the “Rudy McRonmey” crew. Do I sense that both Rudy and Mike Huckabee were courting him for an endorsement if he was knocked out of the race? I don’t think that was a wise choice at this point.
5. Is it just me or does Mitt Romney’s voice sound too much like Tom Brokaw’s?
6. Fred? The ad appeared in the last break before the end of Bill O’Reiley. If you tuned in for the debate itself you missed it altogether. What a mistake and blunder for the Thompson campaign!
7. There was a hypothetical scenario involving Iran at the end of the debate there were two answers that intrigued me and that I was impressed with. Ron Paul’s and Mike Huckabee’s. Ron Paul said talked about a non violent solution and even implied that Israel should take care of the job. On the other hand Mike Huckabee argued that the scenario was too complex to lay out in sixty seconds and argued on how a president and how he would handle tough situations by defending the constitution, listening to the advice of smartly hired experts, praying about it to God, and doing what is best for the people and the security of our nation.
8. Texting for a reaction poll? So you are going to make me pay to give my opine and to weigh in? That is the only thing you are doing wrong tonight Fox News.
9. I don’t think he won the debate, but Mike Huckabee did another fine job tonight. He got his argument for the Fair Tax in. He made a strong statement that was impressive in response to Ron Paul on Iraq. He showed his compassion and care for people and all of America in his responses on Immigration and family values. He is a strong speaker and one that cares about us and cares about uniting our nation once again. When all is said and done I think McCain will have “Won” the debate but Huckabee proved that he belongs in the top tier.